Friday, April 30, 2010

The Florist Part-II

With a heavy heart I returned back to the hotel. It was quarter to nine. I took the keys from the reception and moved silently towards my room. It was misty outside with the mist sailing smoothly in the moonlit night. From my balcony I noticed some guys enjoying a bonfire on the roadside. The white smoke of the bonfire and the mist were together under this moonlit night. How different they were but still together. That’s Mother Nature.
I skipped my dinner that night and slipped into the bed as I had to wake up early. I knew the next day would be very tiring. I was in mussorie to attend my best pal’s marriage and Monday was the day when it was scheduled on. I had to look into the arrangements for the event from early morning. I was planning for the next day’s arrangements and within no time I fell asleep.

"Let bygones be bygones" was first thought of the day when I woke up at seven. It was totally a new morning. The mist was no more and nor the smoke. The felt brighter than usual though the sky was still cloudy. I was badly missing my gym as I never used to skip it. It was part and parcel of my daily routine. I was bare bodied so I looked into the mirror just to inspect that if those curves were still in place. I did some isometric exercises to retain them back. I finished all my matutinal engagements within an hour and finally left for the wedding garden. I intentionally skipped taking the same route by which I had the last night.

Mussorie Gardens, A-23, Mall Road

It was half past nine in the morning when I reached Mussorie gardens. The preparations had already started for the grand evening. So without wasting the time further I started looking for some department where I could help . After exploring all the opportunities I thought “Let’s help my friend’s brother in setting up the stage for the marriage”. I approached him and asked if I could help him out in any of the tasks. He greeted me with a big smile and said that if I could look into the decoration of the stage. “Sure”, I said. It was a big stage to be decorated. The red beautiful carpet of silk like material and the magnificent piece of furniture which resembled like throne were all lying there. I caught two of the servants and asked them to arrange the things properly. "Where are flowers and the bouquets" I asked one of them."Babuj, they have just arrived" said the servant in low pitched voice. "Take me to the place where they are lying" with the statement I followed him and he took me near the gate of the garden.

They say "You can run from your present but you cannot avoid your fate", and to my surprise this was true. She was there with her grand-father and with the cart full of flowers which I was looking for. She was looking more beautiful than ever before. More captivating and alluring. I avoided looking at her but was in vain. Meanwhile the old man recognized me and asked about my well being. I thanked him and replied back. I asked them to come in and offered the seats. The old man murmured "Babuji, My daughter cannot see, she is sight-less. Can you help her to occupy the seat"? I was Astound, speechless, and got shivers down my spine with those last words. Oh, I couldn’t believe that such beautiful eyes were sightless. I felt chagrined and stood numb. The blood in my veins freezed. She was not arrogant the last night but I was ignorant. I cursed myself for my delinquency. I cursed god for his heartlessness. I experienced a pain deep in my heart. I admitted the fact that god had not given her the privilege to admire her own beauty and I was the fool who was expecting her to admire the unnatural curves of mine. I was overwhelmed with the feeling of remorse and disgust. My heart was pounding upon me. Slowly I moved my hand to hold hers, as gently and as graciously as possible.

1 comment: